Tuesday, March 5, 2019

What Causes Strokes in Younger Adults

This is a case study of me! What to look for if you are more likely to have stroke issues?  Factor V Leiden is a mutation of one of the clotting factors in the blood.  It increases my chances of developing abnormal blood clots most commonly in legs and lungs. I received two faulty genes (one from each parent) which gave me an increased risk of these abnormal clots. I also have B type blood which is more common to get clots.

Women have an increase tendency to develope clots during pregnancy and taking hormones. I had a much older then me cousin who died early and they blamed it on the Birth control pill she was taking! I experience a stillbirth probably due to a blood clot also!

I have been on anticoagulant medication for 16 years now.I am on a blood thinner ,cholesterol reducer ,and a blood pressure medication. Within the last 5 years,I had inserted a filter into  my lower vena cava a filter to block clots from getting to my lungs. I also have a problem with aspirin when taking medication with aspirin components that I had uncontrollable bleeding episodes.

I was told once I start to develop clots  the easier it is for Clots to develop. I decided to go with medication and preventative treatment and so far it is working. I check with my Doctor for all Medical and dental procedures!

Deep vein clots in leg symptoms:                      
Pain.                                                                    
Swelling.                                                              
Redness.                                                              
Warmth.    

Clot travels to the lungs:
Sudden shortness of breath
Chest pain when breathing in
A cough that produces bloody or blood-streaked sputum                                                            

I will attempt to do a case study of my daughter’s symptoms so you can see how the symptoms got us to this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment